with Disabilities & Medical Conditions
- Don't hesitate to ask a screener for
assistance with your mobility aid and carry-on items as you proceed through the security
- Let the screener know your level of
ability (e.g., whether you can walk, stand or perform an arm lift). This will
expedite the screening process.
- Ask the screener for assistance if you
need help walking through the metal detector.
- Inform the screener about any special
equipment or devices that you are using and where this equipment or device is located
on/in your body. This will help the screener be careful during a physical search if
one is needed.
- Ensure that all bags and satchels
hanging from, or carried on and under, your equipment are put on the X-ray belt for
- Ask the screener for assistance with
putting your items on the x-ray belt, if needed
- Let the screener know if you need
assistance removing and putting your shoes back on your feet when additional screening is
- Let the screener know if your shoes
cannot be removed because of your disability so that alternative security procedures can
be applied to your shoes.
- Ask the screener to monitor your
accessible property, mobility aid(s,) and device(s) during the screening process and
reunite you with them once x-ray inspection is complete.
a private area for your pat-down inspection if you feel uncomfortable with having a
covered medical device displayed while inspected by the screener.
with disabilities & medical condition - Main