- Walkers, crutches, canes, and other
devices that can fit through the x-ray machine must undergo x-ray screening (with
exception of white collapsible cane)
- Ask the screener for assistance (arm,
hand, shoulder to lean on) until you are reunited with your device.
- The screener will perform a hand
inspection of your equipment if it cannot fit through the X-ray machine.
- Notify the screener if your device
requires special handling.
- Walkers will be visually inspected and
any attached basket, pockets, or compartment(s) will be physically inspected.
- All items hanging from a cane or
walker must be submitted for x-ray inspection.
- Ask the screener for assistance, if
needed, when placing items on the x-ray belt.
- Ask for assistance with your device if
you need it.
- Collapse canes whenever possible
before they are put on the x-ray belt.
devices have been screened, screeners will hand back your device to you in such a manner
that helps you proceed without difficulty.